
I love this cart! I was looking for extra storage space for my kitchen that could double as a breakfast nook of sorts and this fits the bill. It was easy to put together although the directions were all pictures/diagrams...NO words of explanation. If you have trouble following diagrams without any words of explanation this might be a bit problematic. I am one who thoroughly reads all the directions and follows them explicitly. So, I was a bit skeptical at the outset. But to this manufacturers credit, there were no missing or damaged pieces and the diagrams were pretty easy to follow. All the hardware, screws, hinges, etc were in small plastic bags well labeled to match the diagrams. I can’t believe how easily it all went together. It did take two 2 1/2 hours for us to assemble it. You will definitely need an extra pair of hands to hold the three large sections in place while adding the support bars and for placing the butcher block top with drop-down leaf (which are hinged together before putting in place). The top and drop leaf are pretty heavy to pick up and place correctly without help. Also using a power drill rather than a screw driver made the whole process go much more quickly. We decided to leave off the spice rack at the end and also changed the silver hardware to black to match all our knobs and drawer pulls in our newly renovated kitchen. We had four black knobs leftover from the renovation, so that worked out perfectly. I purchased two black cup drawer pulls from Lowe’s to finish the look.
I plan to use the drop down leaf as our eating spot with bar stools for seating. After using it for a while, we may decide to add one of the leftover sides of the spice rack as extra support for the drop leaf. I think it will be easy enough to add a hinge and add it to the middle under the leaf.
I am using this to store some of my appliances so my counter-tops will not be so full. See pictures I have included. Overall, I am very pleased with this rolling island and look forward to using it for years to come.
The island came perfectly packaged, a day early, and my husband and son put it together in about an hour. The drawers are a perfect size and the cabinets are also perfect. The only reason this did not get a 5 star review is there are no drawer stoppers to prevent the drawers from being completely pulled out of the unit and landing on a foot or taking a chunk out of our hardwood floors. you can see in the photo above that there is nothing to stop the drawer. Since these are fairly heavy drawers that is an issue for me. We have a 5 year old granddaughter and frankly, to me this is a safety issue. If the manufacturer has any ideas on how to fix this we would appreciate hearing from them. This was a huge surprise for us and had the unit not been already put together before we discovered this, we'd be returning it.
This almost made it to 5 stars. First the good.
1. It was easy to put together, The picture instructions were easy to follow and help ensure that there was little confusion about where everything went. The items we all properly labeled and easily identifiable.
2. All the predrilled holes lined up with all the holes in the wood and the supplied hardware.
3. Included an extra of each kind of screw in case one was misplaced. Al included the Allen wrench that we used only to finish tightening the screws that needed an Allen wrench. Mostly we used a drill to put the screws most of the way in first.
4. It arrived two days earlier than the earliest delivery estimate.
5. The wheels seem to be good quality, which was a concern of mine when I bought it. It rolls smoothly and easily on our wood plank flooring.
6. The leaf if sturdy and seems as if it would support quite a bit more weight than we will ever apply to it.
Now to the not so good.
1. the top board , front edge has some roughness to it. Like it wasn't properly finished (about 6 inches)
2. The drawer pull outs (handles) came with the appearance of brushed stainless steel but the knobs look like they are chrome (so they don't match).
3. one of the flaps of holding up the leaf has some minor damage one of its corners.
As a side note: They must have some on staff that has great spacial recognition abilities. Every inch of the two boxes as neatly arranged allow for very little shift of the items in the boxes. If you think jigsaw puzzles are fun just unpack this and then for fun try to put it back in the box..
I was skeptical to order this as there were no reviews. I'm happy i took the risk bc i love it. It's easy to move around and I love that the leaf gives me extended counter space. I have had it for three month now and no complaints.
I am frail, so it took me three days to build the cabinet. Instructions were surprisingly good. It has a persistent 'paint' smell that airing out with fans and huge amounts of baking soda can't seem to cure. But all in all, it delivers for the price. Four stars.

Feature Product
- ✅EXPAND YOUR KITCHEN SPACE: Bring modern elegance and functionality into your home with this large kitchen island rolling cart that will fit in with any decor.
- ✅DROP LEAF COUNTERTOP: The drop leaf countertop is ideal for small kitchens that need more workspace or extending your cooking space and conveniently drops down when not in use.
- ✅MULTI-STORAGE DESIGN: A multi-storage design features two large utensil drawers, durable pine wood countertop, and two spacious cabinets for storing kitchen essentials.
- ✅OMNI-DIRECTIONAL WHEELS: 4 omnidirectional wheels with 2 brakes provide easy movement and steady placement for when you're working in the kitchen.
Description
Add elegance and extra storage to your home with this rolling kitchen cabinet organizer with a drop leaf from HOMCOM. Designed with functionality, this large kitchen island cart will make your life easier while adding taste and style to your kitchen. The durable wood materials feature handsome pine wood with a rubberwood top for a sophisticated look. The drawers and cabinets can be used as a pantry or to store dishes, basins, pans, etc. A handy towel rack, and wooden handle on either sides offers even more convenience and an effortless way to transport. With 4 omnidirectional wheels with 2 brakes provide easy movement and steady placement for when you're working in the kitchen. The drop leaf counter top is idea for small kitchens that need more workspace or extending your cooking space and conveniently drops down when not in use. Whether you want an additional work surface, to get organized, or simply need a way to maximize your existing space,HOMCOM has got you covered with a stylish solution to your storage dilemma.
Features:
- Solid rubberwood top for long-lasting use
- Cabinet made of quality pine wood
- Large space for storage: 2 drawers for storing kitchen essentials, 2 cabinets for bottles, dishes, etc.
- Designed to fit with almost any kitchen decor
- 4 omnidirectional wheels and 2 wheels with brakes for easy and safe use
- Towel bar for easy hanging
- A storage box on the side which can be used as a spice rack
Specifications:
- Color: White
- Material: Pine Wood (cabinet), Rubberwood (top)
- Overall Dimensions: 57.5" L x 29.5" W x 36" H
- Cart Size:47.25"L x 17.75"W
- Net Weight: 100 lbs
It was a lengthy process putting it together. However, not hard, just a lot of pieces. Love it! Bought it not only for storage, but for the added workspace with the dropleaf counter. It looks high-end. Chose not to use towel rack and spice rack and knife block, but could easily add on later.
I did put it together my self. A 63 yr old lady. Did have to take apart a time to get it right. Instructions are a little vague. Love it now. Seems sturdy. Wheels are big, so it rolls easy. I left off the paper towel and spice rack. Store my paper goods in it.! Just what I needed.Instructions are a little hard. . A piece was broken bout I glued it back together. It was the drawer glide so out of sight. Was a couple screws short. But had some here so was able to finish assembly.
This product was mostly what I expected. The cabinet has a lingering very strong chemical odor resembling a paint or varnish smell. I have not been able to use it for storage yet, as I have been leaving it out in sunshine and breeze to air out on the deck. It has been several days and the smell has diminished but still lingers even after having wiped it down with wet cloth. It has wood frame, drawers and doors and is quite sturdy.The back and side panels are not wood, and are not as sturdy, but seem adequate. Wheels work well. Assembly went well except for needing to drill a hole where one was missing. Not sure what to do with this if the smell does not abate completely as I don't want my stuff to absorb the strong smell. If the smell abates, it will be great.
I love the space on the top and in the cabinets. The quality of the wood is wonderful. Very good quality. The only thing that I did not like is that the drawers are a little hard to open. They run on a piece of wood as a track.
I’m really happy with this purchase. Took me putting it together myself about 100 minutes or so. Feels pretty sturdy as well. I’m not the biggest fan of the drawers being wood on wood, so it’s a little rough pulling out, but this is extra storage so it doesn’t get used THAT much. But if youre gonna use it everyday it may become a problem






0 comments:
Post a Comment