
This shoe rack was easy to assemble, my 16 year old son assembled it for me and took him about 30 minutes. It has made my closet so much less cluttered and the measurements were perfect for my closet!!! It is very reasonably priced and looks very nice! Hope the before and after pictures help. I am very pleased
We needed a shoe rack in a visible spot near our front door -- one that would be easy for people to use so the shoes would end up in it, not beside it on the floor. This rack fills the purpose well and looks much better than the particleboard rack that preceded it. It holds about three pairs adult size shoes per shelf (could hold more if they were small adult or kid size). Two members of the household wear mens size 11 and it fits their shoes but not hiking boots. If you need to know whether certain shoes will fit on the rack or the rack will fit where you want to use it, look at the measurements in the description -- they're accurate. The finished bamboo is nice-looking, and although the screws are visible after assembly they are a brass-tone. The rack would look fine anywhere that you might be inclined to keep shoes in public view -- not fine formal furniture but nice-casual. It took less than half an hour to assemble. It would be easier with two people but one can do it. You just need to be careful especially at the beginning as the bamboo is fairly lightweight. There's a "right" and "wrong" side of each shelf (covered nail holes in wrong side) but you have to look closely to tell which is which. You can pick which side you want to be at the front, though I didn't find a lot of defects in the bamboo, so it didn't matter much. Although the wood is predrilled I think you'll get more satisfactory results if you take special care to drive the screws in at a straight (right) angle. One screw that came with mine was defective -- the hole that the included allen wrench was supposed to fit in was filled with a blob of metal. I immediately e-mailed the manufacturer, and the next morning they had a replacement (actually two) on the way -- arrived in the mail two days later. Excellent customer service. I guess the other thing someone might wonder is about "alternative" uses. The size of this rack and spacing of shelves work very well for shoes. The vertical supports are in two pieces held together by screws, and while it's plenty strong enough for shoes or similar weight objects, I'd be hesitant about loading it with a lot of heavier items such as textbooks. It's possible to leave out a shelf for taller items (including boots), though then there would be an empty screw-hole you might want to plug.
I have tried a few shoe racks, including some very "upscale" cedar units. This, in my mind, hits the right price/value balance. I have had mostly "open" shelves (slats, really) and debated going with a more typical bookshelf based shelf model. I can say that I like the shelves more than I like the open design, but I haven't put wet/damp shoes away yet. The six self model is tall, which, with out any diagonal bracing, means there is a fiar amount of side to side "sway" in the unit no matter how tight you assemble the shelves. I knocked a star off for this as it would be possible to either add a diagonal member, or have some/all of the shelves connect to the sides with an "L" piece that helps this without adding too much cost.
Assembly: very easy. I did it myself and the only concern I had was being sure not to let each shelf "hang free" after one side was attached (stressing the wood and the screws. The strength required to tighten the screws sufficiently would, in my mind, be a bit much for someone with arthritis/carpal tunnel/ etc. The hex key included isn't long enough to provide the leverage to make it really easy to tighten the screws the last 1/4 inch. Tho.. I don't consider this a negative, get a set of longer hex keys (they seem to be used everywhere) and that should be all you need.
Space: The shelves are a tiny bit too close together for my tastes. I wear size 12 mens and my New Balance 990s just fit. Dress shoes don't have the issue. I would also like the unit to be about 2-3 inches wider. I can comfortably fit 2 pairs of trainer across, but not 3. Another 2 inches and 3 across would fit nicely. Smaller shoe sizes may have better luck.
Look/finish: Just fine. This isn't fine furniture, but looks nice enough to put by our back door. When assembling, I did get a splinter from running my finger across a rough edge, but I wouldn't describe this as "unfinished" just a property of bamboo that it trends to be fibrous on squared edges.
Strength: I'll comment that the shelves actually appear to be able to hold more weight than I expected. I wouldn't put a backpack on this or anything, but we use the top shelf for misc things that way far more than a set of shoes.
Overall I' am very happy with this and would certainly buy another from this same manufacturer.
I really didn't have high expectations-- despite the positive reviews. I needed a quick fix for a shoerack that had committed suicide after placing one too many items on it. The reviews on this were decent and so was the price. The added bonus, I can use it to organize my hallway.
It would get 5 stars except that we had to use our own tools to put it together. The allen key that comes with the shoe rack was so poorly made that it started to strip the screws. We had to use our own allen key to salvage the screws.
Otherwise-- it looks great. Is nicely finished. Doesn't have any odor. And the bamboo is perfect. For the price, it's well worth it.
This arrived today. The sides were in two pieces and needed to be joined together with two screws on either side. Each joint was cut an angle. Unfortunately, one side had the joint cut wide so if I tightened the screws the adjoined pieces would be misaligned. Rather then send it back I just put a small piece of wood between them and then tightened the screws. Since that area of the rack would be out of sight, I was OK in keeping this. The wood was nicely finished and after putting it together, it appeared sturdy and jsut fit the spot where I placed it. If it wasn't for the the misalignment, I would have given this 5 stars.

Feature Product
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL BAMBOO RACK: Natural bamboo frame, MDF boards, environment friendly and sturdy; 6 tiers rack & storage shelf for shoes, bags, plants, toiletries, baskets, books, DVD-CD in entryway, bedroom, bathroom, balcony, closet, etc.
- SIX SHELVES: Designed with MDF board tiers, bears more weight. Shoes can stably stand on, especially for high heels
- DIY AS YOU WISH: Every layer is independent, you can remove a layer to fit boots, heels etc. Also can be separated into two 3-tier shoe racks according to your need.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: Two Hollowed out Handles for easy carrying. Sunken screw holes and round designed corners to prevent any scratches of your family
- SPACE-SAVING STORAGE RACK: Product size: 42.5"H x 26.6"L x 10.2"W (108 x 67.5 x 25.8cm)
Description
Liven Up Your Home
With fine grain and inherently sleek beauty, this bamboo-frame shoe rack brings a natural flair to your home. The cutout handles facilitate easy moving while adding a unique touch. You’ll want to show it off rather than hide it in your closet, even though it will fit perfectly there too!
In Good Hands Everywhere
Entryway: Neatly organize your shoes and make your morning routine easier
Bathroom: Keep bath towels, shampoos, shower gels and paper rolls handy
Living Room: Place books on the bottom shelves and top it with trinkets
Balcony: Create a small personal garden with pansies, daisies, and succulents
What’s your plan for this 6-tier storage rack? Share it with us in the reviews!
Specifications:
- Color: Natural
- Material: Bamboo Frame, MDF(Medium Density Fiberboard) Shelves
- Product Size: 26.6""L x 10.2""W x 42.5""H (67.5 x 25.8 x 108 cm)
- Distance between Bottom Shelf and Floor: 2.4"" (6 cm)
- Distance between Shelves: 6.5'' (16.5 cm)
- Capacity: 18-24 pairs of shoes
- Product Weight: 15.6 lb (7.1 kg)
Package Contents:
- 1 x Shoe Rack
- 1 x Instructions
- 1 x Allen Key
SONGMICS Notes:
- It's recommended to fix the rack to the wall with the included anti-tip device for added safety."
This is used in our entryway closet as a shoe rack. It was simple enough to put together, it took me around 15 minutes. What I would like to add is that it took over a month for it to ship to me, even though it said it would take less than a week. I tried cancelling the order but Amazon wouldn't let me. I'm not sure if anyone else who ordered this product encountered this problem.
Solid piece of furniture. I can only put 3 pairs of shoes on each shelf, but I add some flip-flops on its side and then can technically fit "four pairs." I put little pads on the bottom of each of the legs to protect my floor and also make it steady because the feet are just a little bit off (maybe because of how I assembled it). I got a few compliments on this and would definitely buy again if I needed another one.
Easy to assemble; I left one shelf off to accommodate our boots, which is about 14 inches high. We get 3 pairs of shoes to a row easily. I would not go for four but we use mostly tennis shoe sized shoes here. Looks great. Really glad we got this. We have 12 pair of shoes on it and room for 3 pair of boots on the tall shelf.
I'm very pleased with the SONGMICS Bamboo 6-Tier Shoe Rack. The rack was easy to put together, is sturdy, and the wood looks quite nice. Some of the screws did not tighten in the pre-drilled holes, but rather just kept turning. This happened a few times, but since each shelf is held in place with 4 screws, and there are 6 shelves, this flaw did not weaken the overall integrity of the rack.
I like this shoe rack so much. It looks good and holds many shoes. I recommended it to my friends too to buy it.






0 comments:
Post a Comment