
I bought these to organize my deep chest freezer. We were using cloth bags and got tired of all the bags. Even when few of frozen food the handle makes it easy to move one bin to reach another underneath. Shipping took a few days and were packed very well. The bins are very sturdy and look great. I added a small label and they fit perfectly stacked. I have a large recycling bin already and my city doesn't require me to sort by type but these would be the best sorting recycling bins you will find. A special thanks for that little personalize note on the invoice from the seller.
Last week, I bought a new deep freezer for $150. I remembered how hard it was to access items on the bottom of my old one--often resulting in food waste due to freezer burn--so immediately started searching for organizing ideas. Both Google and Amazon presented these baskets as a top option but I resisted pulling the trigger because, at $50, they're a third the price of the freezer! But after wasting hours searching on Amazon and visiting Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, and various dollar stores looking for bins---and buying some lousy dollar store bins that were recommended on Pinterest---I relented. It's incredible how well these fit--if they were any tighter they'd be hard to get in and out. If they were white and didn't have the recycle logo, you'd think they came with the freezer. Aside from the cost, the only downside is that I'm only able to use one of the two small wire top baskets that came with the freezer. But the four bins are perfect: one each for raw beef, chicken, and pork and one for prepared foods. (The little pink basket on the shelf is for raw fish.) First picture shows all four bins. Second picture shows just the bottom two to illustrate how well it matches up to the interior shelf.
I purchased these after reading others reviews about using them for chest freezers. I have a 5 cu freezer and three of these fit beautifully with space leftover for a plastic shoebox style container with lid and the basket that comes with the freezer. They are great for maximizing the space. Love how sturdy they are, how much they hold and the handle! We are using the 4th one to carry the items we take out of the freezer upstairs or to bring them down after grocery shopping. A 3lb package of Natures Harvest chicken from the BJs Wholesale club fits perfectly across the bottom, front to back. Unlike many other containers these are stackable when the handle is folder forward so they rest on each other and not on your food. A good purchase!
Replaced our town provided bins (14 gal rubbermaid type) with these units - we don't have curb-side pick up, rather a transfer station and the large bin took up so much space and got so filthy since we loaded it up with so much. We've also tried the Suncast type stackables, but the opening/covers are actually more restrictive than these smaller units.
These bins are perfect size for next to trash can, in closet or cupboard etc. Well built, the handles double as stacking mechanism. 4 of these take up smaller footprint than old bin (we stack as picture 2 on 2) and allow us to easily sort recycling / returnables / burnables - we heat with wood so sort paper separately.
Prompt shipping - seller even included a personalized/handwritten note. There may be less expensive options, but we are extremely satisfied with the purchase, happy to support a non-profit, and definitely plan to add more in our office and camp.
My family LOVES these!! These have GREATLY reduced our carbon footprints! We take glass, plastic, tin, paper, cardboard, etc. to our local recycling center leaving basically only organic material which we now have started to compost. We now have only one bag of garbage a week, maybe! Who knew it could be so easy to change to something we were so resistant to (or just lazy). We bought four, did think they'd be bigger but they are fine, and they stack beautifully where we used to have our household garbage can.

Feature Product
- FREE SHIPPING on our best-selling recycling bin
- easy to carry handle with an ingenious stackable design: handle folded forward, they stack; handle folded backward, they nest!
- see our 6-pack ($11.16/bin), 10-pack ($10.50/bin) and 21-pack ($9.99/bin) for even greater savings per bin!
- popular with schools, offices, condos and apartment complexes; and yes, it's great for organizing a chest freezer!
- from the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Recycling Rules! Check out all our offerings by clicking "Recycling Rules" at the top of this page
Description
Welcome to Recycling Rules! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping you start or enhance a recycling program. This recycling bin is a customer favorite and is our best-selling bin. It's perfect for collecting recyclables in a kitchen and fits nicely under most sinks, in a utility room, a garage or by a desk. When full its sturdy handle makes it easy to carry to a central recycling dumpster or to take to your recycling center. Many apartment and condo residents find this bin a must. Great for schools, offices, and churches too! Its nontraditional shape helps keep trash out and recycling in. Watch your recycling participation rate soar. An ingenious design allows the handle to fold down and allows multiple bins to stack, one on top of another. Perfect for those environments where recyclables still need to be separated. You can create a "recycling tower" for glass, metal, aluminum, plastic, paper, plastic bags, Styrofoam™, batteries, etc. Made in North America with a minimum of 35% recycled content. Bin measures 13.5" tall (handle folded down), 10.5" wide and 14.25" deep. Measure carefully! Capacity is 6 gallons (assuming that it could hold water up to the top). Your order will contain four (4) identical recycling bins, shipped nested in one box. See our 6-pack, 8-pack, 9-pack, 12-pack, 16-pack and 23-pack listings for even greater savings per bin! Some important information about our shipping: We ship via both FedEx and USPS. If the USPS cannot deliver packages to your street address (this happens in some rural areas), please be sure to also list a P.O. Box on Address Line 2. Orders received by 2pm Eastern (M-F) are shipped the same day! Also, please note that we ship to Alaska and Hawaii via USPS Parcel Select and that a $10 + $1/lb. surcharge is added to these AK/HI shipments to cover our additional shipping costs.
We had bought a bin exactly like these a long time ago. We recently had a housecleaning company come do a deep clean and I think it got thrown out by accident, so we needed a replacement. I looked on Amazon and saw these. I had never realized these bins could stack (since I only had the one) so I was pretty excited about that.
We have a small condo and the communal recycling bins in the garage get filled up so quickly, we usually have to store recycling in our condo for a few days. This means after a few days, we have recycling overflowing into paper grocery bags outside the bin until the recycling company takes away the stuff in the garage and we can bring it down. I love that I can nest these bins and pull them out as needed. It means I can keep things looking less cluttered and create a smaller footprint from the bins until more space is needed. Once I fill a bin, j just pull it out, flip down the handle of the next one, and rest the first one on top.
I also love that the bin has a handle! Makes it so much easier to haul the recycling down three floors to the garage.
The bins themselves are durable, but lightweight. They aren’t huge (maybe the size of a paper grocery bag lying on its side, a little wider, but not as tall). They clean out easily with a hose or in a utility sink.
Shipping was just as promised. You never know with 3rd party companies on Amazon these days. The company left a nice note in appreciation for buying from them, which was a nice gesture. Made it feel more personal. Overall, a great buying experience!
The picture is 2 weeks recycling> 2 adults, 2 kids. As you can see they're slightly too small for bigger items (we smashed one milk jug> but...) I also purchased a can smasher, which I used the first week, not the second. The bins are good for smaller cardboard, i.e. Cereal boxes, cracker boxes..
We were previously dumping it in one bin then having to sort on recycling day. These have made life a whole lot easier.
Super easy to stack and unstack to carry to the recycle place. Made of sturdy plastic with solidly attached, easy to fold handles.
I posted a picture with a few soda cans in one of the bins to show you the size. They will fill up pretty quickly here at my house. So I will have to empty them more frequently than my old larger bins.
They do fit where the larger ones wouldn't. If you have a utility room, RV, apartment or some smaller place that requires stackable bins these should do the trick. they stand just to the light switch in my utility room and need about 15" across to not be cramped in with other things.
We've had the set of 4 recycling bins for a couple of weeks now, and they're working very well. They fit nicely in the bottom of my pantry stacked 2x2. We transport our trash and recyclables to the town dump about once a week. My husband didn't like having to sort everything out at the dump, he wanted everything divided beforehand so that he could just throw the plastics in the plastic dumpster, the glass with the glass, etc. This system is great, because we dispose of the recyclables in the proper bin at the house, then he can just grab the bins, take them to the dump, and they're all pre-sorted, ready to go. Right now I've got one for paper, one for plastic, one for glass, and another for steel. We have two bins in the kitchen side-by-side, so I kept one of those for aluminum and other for household trash. I was worried the size of these bins would be too small, but they easily hold a week's worth of recyclables for our family of 3. I like that they're flexible in that you can stack them in different configurations to accommodate various spaces, or even nest them together if you don't need them for a while. I do wish they came in different colors so you could have different colors for different types of recyclables, but I plan to put labels on them so that should do the trick. Also, they arrived quickly and with a nice hand-written note. Highly recommend!
These Bins are made of HDPE Plastic, Recycle code #2, HDPE has a workable Max low temp of -40C (that is also -40F) your Freezer will never get that cold so these are Great for Freezer Baskets.
You need to place the white handle in the forward position to be able to stack these bins, they fit together like disposable cups when the white handle is placed to the rear.
I bought these for a Haier Model #: HF71CL53NW 7.1 CU FT Freezer sold by Sam's Club and elsewhere.
I can't give a Review of this product for use as a Recycle Bin as this was not the reason I bought them.






0 comments:
Post a Comment