• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Monday, December 23, 2019

Rev-A-Shelf 5WB1-1520-CR Base Cabinet Pull Out Chrome

December 23, 2019 // by Admin // // No comments

Rev-A-Shelf 5WB1-1520-CR Base Cabinet Pull Out Chrome Basket

Rev-A-Shelf 5WB1-1520-CR Base Cabinet Pull Out Chrome Basket

(This review is for the 21", and updated to also review the 15")

I am so excited! I, a 67 year old lady a little handy with tools (at least a cordless screwdriver), just installed this beautiful sliding shelf in under an hour. That's counting removing the stuff, cleaning the shelf, drilling and screwing in the shelf, and artfully arranging everything on the finished product, and taking pictures ! My knees were a bit sore, and my elbow was complaining when I was on the floor trying to drill in the back bracket, but it is absolutely beautiful and went in quickly. I was somewhat tentative when I ordered it because my cabinet opening is exactly 20.5" wide, and I ordered the "21 inch" width. This is the 9th shelf I've installed in my kitchen shelves and I was very anxious for this one to fit. (I had one other shelf I installed in a different cabinet that was about 1/4" too wide, and that one I just threw caution to the wind and shaved the side of the cabinet opening until it would fit through! Who cares, right? It was a shelf near the floor and no one is ever going to notice after I touch it up with some varnish or something.) This 21" unit slid right in though (I had to lift it up above the hinges as they were in the way. Putting it in above the hinges after shaving the 1/4" and then dropping it down did the trick. Slipped in perfectly)

We had a Shelf company that specializes in this same sort of cabinet conversion (we see them set up at home shows and state fairs), and I was dreaming of having them come in and doing it for me. (Sigh) My husband almost had a heart attack when he heard the quote. For this one (21" opening) cupboard it would have cost us approx. $1,000, and I had at least four cabinets in the kitchen I wanted done!!!! ACK. So I looked in Amazon, found Rev-A-Shelf that opens out 100% of the way (not 2/3 like most of the other brands), it is strong, heavy-duty, each holds 100 lbs and looks great! You can't beat that with a stick, and I have heavy ceramic dishes to hold in the kitchen. So for around $50 I did this with my own sweat equity! I'm trying to add some pictures, but the add box won't open up for me. I'll try rebooting or something and see if I can add them later.

UPDATE: I'm able to add more pictures now. The double cabinet pictures shows the 15" drawers, and there is a picture of how easy it was for me to install, and a picture of the two tools I used to drill and put in the four screws. The quote from the Shelf company for the double cabinet was $1500! My cost was around $200 and I'm just as thrilled with it-maybe more since I did it myself!

I am so happy with how these work! No more lost dishes at the back of the cabinets, or sitting on the floor removing everything to get back to the rarely used dishes. I am doing the bathroom cabinets next! I will echo what another reviewer said...I WISH I had known about this and done it YEARS ago!

Really nice slide out drawer. The ball bearings really make the drawer glide easily. I chose this drawer to create a waste basket drawer, so I also ordered the door brackets by rev-a-shelf to attach this drawer to my cabinet door. I ordered the 9 gallon Waste basket and it all fit perfectly under my kitchen sink. This drawer is quality built so it can take the weight of a full trash can, and even the pressure of pushing down on the trash to make room for more, .....even as the drawer is fully extended. I have no doubt it could handle your pots and pans or your large kitchenaid mixer.

I purchased these because the house we bought had no pull-out shelving on the bottom of the cabinets. They are sturdy and very easy to install. The only draw-back was that they were really slow to arrive to the point that I couldn't wait for the last two. Perhaps my size was unusual. But they are really well made.

Easy installation, very sturdy & smooth glide. However, measures 1" shorter width than the specs read. (14 1/8" total with 13 1/2 basket capacity.)I gave the product 1 less star because of this alone. My original cabinet/sliding drawer plan needs to now be reconfigured due to what should have been 2 units fitting perfectly.

My wife did not want this initially, but it is a great solution for storing our Kitchen Aid mixer, which is quite heavy. It stores that and all the other baking equipment that only gets used a couple of times a year.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • (1) Chrome basket and mounting hardware
  • 100lb Full-Extension Ball-Bearing slide system
  • Shorter depth perfect for under the sink or even vanity cabinets
  • Optional door mount kit available (5WB-DMKIT, sold separately)
  • Fully-assembled and simple (4) screw installation

Description

Rev-A-Shelf's single pullout baskets are not like any other basket. Many other baskets have very thin wire and bend easily under the stress. Fully assembled and simple 4 screw installation. Finish the look off by adding the optional door mount kit.



I installed this in about 15 minutes. I did put extra screws down, the four looked a little light duty for my needs. I put my kitchen aid mixer on it so it seems pretty heavy duty. I’m going to get more for my pots and pans.

I really couldn't be happier with this product unless it popped out of the box and installed itself. I put these in all of the kitchen cabinets. This one, being only a single level unit, was really easy to install. The double shelf units are a bit trickier, but still pretty easy to install. The whole trick is to read the instructions and take your time. These Rev-a-Shelf units are well made, with nice heavy chrome plating, so I expect them to outlast me.

Under sink storage is usually a junk cubby, this rack allows us to organize and utilize what we store. Plus rack keeps product of bottom if we ever have a leak

Great solid quality shelf. Used it to put our garbage can on while still have storage space behind it for garbage bag box

I don't know how I went so long with out this … it was easy to install ,and I love them

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment