• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Monday, December 23, 2019

mDesign Over-Cabinet Hair Care Tools Holder for Hair Dryer, Flat Iron, Curling Wand, Straightener -

December 23, 2019 // by Admin // // No comments

mDesign Over-Cabinet Hair Care Tools Holder for Hair Dryer, Flat Iron, Curling Wand, Straightener - Chrome

mDesign Over-Cabinet Hair Care Tools Holder for Hair Dryer, Flat Iron, Curling Wand, Straightener - Chrome

I couldn't find a wall-mounted unit I liked, so I bought this one, intending to nail a strip of wood to the wall and hang it from that. But when it arrived, I saw that there were two small tabs with screw holes in the back. By unscrewing the metal stoppers on the bottom of the hooked bars, I could slide the bars off completely. So now the unit is mounted flush with the wall.
Also, the middle opening is wider, but all three openings were big enough for my hairdryer.

This product did exactly what I needed it to. Before all my items were in a drawer and the cords were a pain, but with this metal basket it minimized clutter, kept things organized and separate, and it also looks nice. It fits two of my blow dryers, a flat iron,and curling wand. The bars are adjustable as well(just use the twisties it came with to secure them in place, but the basket fit perfectly to my cabinet). Worth the buy. :)

Good quality construction and a simple, effective design. I have no worries about anything falling out of it or the unit itself falling.
Disclaimer!
Make sure to check your cabinet door before buying this thing. The little hooks at the top that hang over the cabinet are solid and set at an exact thickness (non-movable), so they will only fit if your cabinet door is perfectly flat. It did not fit on the cabinet I bought it for, because there is a decorative molding/cut out that adds about 1/8-inch to the thickness. This tiny bit of extra thickness prevented the holder from sitting flat and therefore prevented the door from closing. The hanging hooks ARE removable, and there are screw holes on the holder itself - so I just ended up mounting it to the bathroom wall. Just something to think about before purchasing.

I wanted to absolutely love this product, but it's not exactly one size fits all. The main reason being, it doesn't close all the way depending on the size of your hair styling tools. :/ Bummer.

My problematic items were: hot tools curling iron & conair 1875 blow dryer

Height problems: The nice thing is that you can adjust the height of the basket and lower it so that your longer items won't stick out above the cabinet door. Only problem is when you're closing your cabinet door, it does not sit flush to the height of your cabinet. About a half inch of your door rests on this piece of wood that goes across your cabinet. When I'm trying to close the door, my hot tools curling iron will hit the top of the cabinet so I have to tilt it diagonally in order to close it all the way.

Wingspan issues: I'm talking about area of distance when swinging your cabinet door open and closed. The whole reason I bought this basket was to simplify the process of taking out and putting away my blow dryer. The one item that has the most problems with this basket, unfortunately, is my blow dryer. The handle is apparently too long, so it gets stuck when closing the door. I have to point the handle inwards in order to get a proper close for my cabinet door.

Inconvenience: I was hoping this basket would make my life easier and more organized. Unfortunately, after debating back and forth, I've decided to keep my hair dryer in its original drawer. My husband uses this blow dryer on a daily basis, and I can't expect him to carefully place it in the correct angle EVERY SINGLE TIME to ensure a proper close. And because I know that's not going to happen and the open door with a blow dryer sticking out will cause a bigger annoyance to me than a tangled cord in the drawer, I've decided this basket can't be used for that purpose.

Although you can probably make this basket work, I felt like it's not worth the effort if you have to spend extra time adjusting everything each time you use it just to make sure the door closes. Most of the time, hair is done in the morning when we're getting ready for work, which means we don't have leisure time to wind everything up nicely and place everything perfectly back in its place. I was hoping I could find something convenient to store my hair tools, but unfortunately, maybe you just need to creating something customized for your house/tools to achieve that convenience.

This saved me so much space! My curling iron, wand, blow dryer, round brush, and heat mats were all sitting on my dresser. They took up so much space, but I didn't want to put them away in a cabinet because I use them so much. I mounted this on the wall over my dresser, right next to my mirror, and I love it! Everything is accessible, but it's also all neatly tucked away and off my already packed dresser! It's super easy to mount. You just need a hammer for the anchors and a long phillips screw driver. It was up and in use in about 3 minutes. And most of that time is spent making sure it's level and marking the holes! I really should've bought one of these sooner!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • HAIR CARE STORAGE: This over the cabinet door organizer keeps all your hair care tools separated, organized and easy to find; Generously sized so that you can store all of your hot styling tools and your combs and brushes; Use outside cabinet doors or inside for more discreet storage
  • STORES HOT TOOLS: Three compartments hold hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons and brushes, while the basket helps to corral cords; The steel wire lets you store tools even while they're still hot; Designed to keep tools secure when opening and closing the door
  • EASY INSTALLATION; Easily installs by hanging over cabinet doors for instant storage - hang on inside or outside of doors; No hardware necessary; Perfect for small bathrooms where space is limited; Use in dorm room, apartments, condos, RVs, campers and more
  • QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made of strong steel wire with a durable rust-resistant finish; Easy Care - Wipe clean with damp cloth
  • THOUGHTFULLY SIZED: Measures 10.6" x 5" x 10" high; Fits over cabinet doors up to .75 inches / 1.9cm thick

Description

Tangled cords and hard to find hair care tools become a thing of the past with the Over the Door Hair Tools Organizer from mDesign. Three compartments hold all the tools you need for a great hair day, while the bottom ledge helps to keep cords organized. The organizer installs instantly by hanging over cabinet doors, on the outside for instant access or on the inside for discreet storage. The compact design lets you maximize your storage without cutting into already limited bathroom space.



I bought this for my daughter who recently acquired a straightening iron, curling iron, and blow dryer. Her bathroom is tiny and shared with her sister and space is at a premium. It barely fit in the cupboard, and at first I didn't think it was going to, I thought it was going to be too wide, but I was able to slide it over a hair and it fit, barely. Now her hair tools are organized and easily accessible and if she accidentally puts them away hot I'm less concerned (although I still hope she doesn't do this).

Great design! My hair styling tools are hidden when I am not using them and very organized that it's so easy to grab them whenever I need to. Before this, I bought something similar from Target without the dividers. It hides my hair tools but they are on top of each other that I had to pull them all out when I want to use just one of them. Not the case with mDesign. I get what I need to use in the morning before I go to work while the others stay in place. I'm so glad I found this at amazon. Delivery was also super fast. I ordered it at 8am and I was so surprised it was delivered before noon.

This is the most amazing invention EVER! Holds your straightener, blow dryer, curling iron or whatever else you want to store in the 3rd slot. Now my stuff is all right there when I open the cabinet in my bathroom and the cords are not all tangled up!

Imagine my disappointment when I realized my cabinets didn't have the proper clearance between the top of the door and the bottom of the cabinet required for this device. Then imagine my elation when I realized the hooks come off and there are holes for mounting directly to a surface! It arrived a little bent but straightened out super easily. It fits my hair dryer, curling wand, and straightener perfectly with extra space at the bottom I imagine will easily hold any attachments you might have. I am very pleased with the versatility and functionality of this, and it looks great too.

This is one of my favorite things I've found for organizing my bathroom! Before, I was using one of those bulky, on-the-counter things. This fits flush against my vanity cabinet door and holds my hair dryer, straightener, and curling wand plus the cords. The color is great, the material is very sturdy. I'm very glad I purchased this!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment