
I purchased new dishes and did not want to stack them and risk them getting scratched or chipped. This plate holder is the perfect solution. It's well made, durable, and does the job.
Lipper International 887 Bamboo Wood Plate Rack and Pot Lid Holder, 15-1/4" x 4-3/8" x 4"
I sell wood cutting boards and use these to display them at farmers markets. These are well built and I'm very happy with them. I previously bought a metal plate rack from Ikea but those would scratch up the cutting boards and so I got these instead. These work great and I've bought more since then.
Ordered 2 of these for every day dishes last year. Those hold one plate in each slot (with room to spare) as they are used every day. Am in need of a few plate holders for dishes previously in chrome racks. This bamboo material is kinder to dishes than the metal. White plastic racks are also fine but I wanted something a tad classier as these units will be in new bar cabinets for appetizer plates and dessert plates. Using my current racks, I tried tested how many plates each slot will safely hold -- 2 plates (7 to 9 inches diameter) fit well. Ordered 5 of these as I have clear glass divided dishes that are difficult to stack.
Let me start by saying at first this was going to be a terrible review. The first one I got was missing a peg and the glue was not holding at all. BUT, when I came to return it, I was taken care of immediately and they replaced it with a new one. The second was is beautiful, strong, and just a nice way to organize the pan lids. I'm chalking the first one up to the fact that any time you make a bunch of something, some of them aren't going to be as good. This is a great quality product and I highly recommend
We’ve had these for over a year now and they are quite durable and really make storing the dishes much easier especially when you have dishes of different shapes that don’t stack as easily or nicely. I ordered two additional ones that I use in the pantry. These are quite versatile and very sturdy

Feature Product
- Organize, store, and display your favorite plates and dishes
- Great for sorting and storing pot lids in the cabinet
- Made from bamboo wood, a natural and renewable resource
- Easy to care for and maintain - Hand wash only
- Measures (W x D x H): 15 1/4" x 4 3/8" x 4"
Description
Lipper International provides exceptionally valued items for the kitchen, home, office, and child's playroom. Known for their functionality and beauty, each of our products is individually crafted from the finest quality materials. Organize, store and display your favorite plates with this Plate Rack. It is also great for sorting and storing pot lids in a cabinet. Made of bamboo wood. No assembly required. Hand wash with a mild soap and cool water. Do not soak. Do not put in the dishwasher, microwave or refrigerator. Extreme changes in temperature will cause the material to crack over time. Dry thoroughly. Occasional use of mineral oil on the inside will help maintain its appearance.
This item has enough space and is soft enough that it will not mar wooden plates. These wooden plates are decorative, and my boyfriend will have several that he is working on at one time. These bamboo racks are great for that, and would be adequate for most of the plates that I can envision anyone having.
They handle the weight of the wood without tipping, no matter how many are currently in the rack. China, ceramic, porcelain, and other materials may be a bit heavier so your experiences may vary if you store those.
One warning: my friend saw them and wanted some for her pot lids. I ordered them for her, and sadly--she found they would not work with her pot lids. There is roughly 1-1/4" between posts. Just be prepared to establish if your pot lids will fit, should that be your need for this item. My boyfriend can still use these to display and store his plates, so it was not a total loss.
For the price and quality, these are great plate racks. Please note that the color may vary a little from lighter to darker, probably depending on the bamboo. This is very similar to the variations in a species of wood. Enjoy your more organized life with these racks!
We stopped at several big box stores and only found minimal choices at ten dollars more in price. The one being replaced got old and natty, so it was time to change to a new, fresh looking coffee cup holder.
I took a star away because the arms are directly above/below each other and this restrict the size of what you can hang from each arm as the arm gets in the way. That being said, for "normal" size cups and medium large size coffee cups, this is not a problem. Really big, soup bowl size coffee cups do become a stacking problem. I like to use the soup bowl size coffee cups.
The round base is six and a half inches. The overall height is fourteen inches. From the top of the round base to the center of the first arm is five and a half inches. Center-to-center, between the middle of the upper over the lower arm is five inches. When loaded with coffee cups, very stable due to the large base size.
As to placement of coffee cups, place cups any way you want. Really doesn't make much of a difference. Placement depends on the size of your coffee cups as there's no real standard for coffee cup sizes. It all depends on how anal you are about ideas of this kind. If one wanted to, they could easily split the center column between the upper and lower arm and put a threaded screw in the middle so as to rotate the arms as you find convenient. Siiiiiigh, it's not a perfect world, what can I say.
Overall, it's an excellent product at an excellent price when compared to big box stores and with Prime Membership, you get two day shipping.
Hope the above helps. I'll post back when I split the column and put in a connecting screw with an update.
Well, it is now full. My wife loves mugs and wanted them out/displayed where it was easy to grab and pour a cup but done in a cute/good looking way in order for things to not look cluttered. This mug tree does the job.
It seems to be build solidly with no pegs falling out or anything. The finish is uniform and the bamboo is, well, bamboo.
We like it. It is a simple design that doesnt pop out so that the mugs themselves do.
I bought this because I wanted something sturdy to hold my cookbooks on top of my fridge. It worked perfectly, and I can see all the titles clearly with them displayed in the rack! Always think outside the box!!!
It appears that some other reviewers have had issues with the sturdiness of this mug tree, but I haven't noticed that at all. It's been solid and sturdy since coming out of the box- no loose arms or anything. It holds 6 standard size coffee mugs well (you might get 4 of the oversize mugs that are more commonly sold these days). The base is really light, so I was concerned that the tree may fall over if I didn't balance the weight of the mugs out on either side, but that hasn't been an issue either. This has been a great space saver in my limited-storage kitchen.






0 comments:
Post a Comment