• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Thursday, November 14, 2019

SCS Direct Under Shelf Wire Rack Basket Kitchen Organizer - White - Easy to Install (12" x 12" x

November 14, 2019 // by Admin // // No comments

SCS Direct Under Shelf Wire Rack Basket Kitchen Organizer - White - Easy to Install (12" x 12" x 5")

SCS Direct Under Shelf Wire Rack Basket Kitchen Organizer - White - Easy to Install (12

I was so happy when this arrived after staring at my disorganized pile of wraps for too long... until I discovered that it did not fit anywhere in my kitchen. I believe I have standard sized cabinets & shelves, so didn't expect this problem--it only fits on shelves about 1/2 inch thick, and can't fit into a cabinet either as it's too long and the doors won't close. I finally found a random shelf in my pantry where it fit so at least I got to use it, but would have saved myself a headache if I had known about the shelving measurements. It holds standard sized wraps well, though too short for parchment paper sizes.

I have very little pantry/cabinet space, so am always struggling to find items that will work well in my kitchen. This was great! Large enough to hold even my Costco size plastic wrap, keeps me from losing the foil, sandwich bags and other assorted wraps in the depths of the cupboard . My shelves are quite deep, with too much space between the four that are there, so I had plenty of room for it, but I can see why others said to be sure to measure carefully. It's large so it can accommodate all the wraps and bags. Great for my husband, too, who otherwise will use a large ziplock bag for everything.

This is great! I've had one of these before, but it had a back on the basket. This one does not have a back, ,so if your item is longer than the basket, it can stick out the back instead of the front. Great for things like tin foil, wax paper, plastic wrap. It's not very tall, so things like a box of sandwich bags could only be placed in one direction. I cu the ends open on the sandwich and freezer bags so one can just be pulled straight out of the box instead of having to take out the whole box just to get one bag. This is a great way to utilize that unused spaced under your pantry/laundry/bathroom shelves.

In a previous house, I've had a similar version in the laundry room to hold the dryer sheets because I had trouble reaching the shelf above the washer/dryer.

This product is great for its stated use. I specifically ordered it, instead of a different one, because it has no back on it. This allows extra-long items to fit as well, in my pantry. It installs in 5 seconds (ok, maybe 8, if you want it positioned "just right"), and holds a single layer of items like aluminum foil. It gives you about 3.5" between the bottom of the supporting shelf and the top of the bottom of this wire shelf. I do wish that the sides were straight (it's narrower at the bottom), as I can't quite squeeze in one more item on it. I've decided to order another, to put sandwich etc bags in. It makes it easy to grab these items, and frees up some shelf or drawer space quite nicely.

The basket is held in a place by wire hooks that slip in-between a upper shelf in a cabinet. The wire rack of the basket seems durable to me when I handle it, and can handle pretty much anything you put on it. That being said, I wouldn't store your collection of lead weights on it. To give you an idea of its capacity, I use one of these as a shelf for my baking chocolate. Right now it is holding a 5 pound bag of chocolate chips, a 10oz bag of mini chocolate chips, 2 4oz baking bars, and a 12oz bag of melting chocolate. A grand total of 7 pounds 6 oz as of the time of this review. My only complain with the product is that height from the bottom of the basket to the shelf it is on is a bit a tight. My 5 pound bag of chocolate chips has to be wedged in to fit, and when you pull it out, it brings the basket with it. That is the one down side of having the basket loop over the shelf, with nothing to hold it in place.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Stores your food wrappers in one convenient location.
  • Compact design fits beneath cabinet; pantry shelves.
  • Eliminates clutter in a neat organized space.
  • Size: 12 x 12 x 5"
  • Coated with a protective vinyl so it is easy to clean and to stop from scratching.

Description

Under Shelf Wire Rack Basket Kitchen Organizer - White - Easy to Install (12" x 12" x 5") Made of heavy duty wire construction with a white vinyl coating that will not scratch wood shelving and easily wipes clean; wide support bars that rest on top of shelf to create a storage basket below. Shelf rack fits on solid shelves up to 1 1/4" thick and at least 13 1/2" deep and is ideal to use on standard 14" kitchen cabinet shelving. The under shelf kitchen organizer helps maximize available storage space in kitchen drawers and cabinets. Imported. Material: Metal Wire



Purchased two of these to use in our pantry. I had wanted to use both under one shelf, but they were just a bit too wide, so had to use two shelves. I use them to hold boxes of aluminum foil, plastic bags, parchment paper, etc.--works great for that purpose.

Used this under a shelf in my pantry to hold extra boxes of foil, waxed paper and plastic wrap. Great use of unused space.

I saw this on Pinterest and I went to Amazon to locate an under shelf rack. I ordered 2 and I love them. They have opened up so much space in my pantry. All my rolls of foil, plastic wrap, wax paper and parchment are now on these wire shelves and there is more room for canned goods etc.

Had to use it more creatively than planned. Did not work with my particular shelving.
Strong material, better quality than I had expected.
I gave this 4 stars as I didn't think that my failure to properly
assess my shelving should be held against the manufacturer of the product.

Works great. I put it under one of my pantry shelves and use it to hold, just as pictured in the product photo, tin foil, saran wrap, ziploc bag boxes. Because the tray doesn't have a back, sometimes a tin foil/saran wrap/etc will go out the back if I put it back in the tray with a little verve. But it's really not a problem for me. The tray itself stays put and is stable.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment