• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Monday, October 21, 2019

Household Essentials 1516-1 Glidez Undersink Sliding Organizer | Pull Out Cabinet Shelf | White |

October 21, 2019 // by Admin // // No comments

Household Essentials 1516-1 Glidez Undersink Sliding Organizer | Pull Out Cabinet Shelf | White | 15-Inch

Household Essentials 1516-1 Glidez Undersink Sliding Organizer | Pull Out Cabinet Shelf | White | 15-Inch

Apparently, this is meant for mounting onto pantry wire shelves. Not sure why you'd need it there, but OK, I missed that part.

Anyway, I wanted it to hold pans under my kitchen counter, so I didn't have to get on my knees to find the ones in back.

For that, it works. I was able to just screw it down into the bottom cabinet, rather than using the bolts and wing nuts they provided for the wire shelving. Easy peasy install. Unfortunately, it's pretty short, and only fills 3/4 of the floor of the cabinet. Still works though. I have to move the small pan in front of it, but then it's easy to slide the stuff in back out to get the ones I want.

I've been looking at these things for decades, ever since they first came out. I thought it was a great idea, but at $80. per drawer, that seemed outrageous, and I let it go. These seemed a lot more reasonable on price (and I'm a lot older now, so the stooping is becoming more of an issue), so I took a shot.

I like that they support and slide from the bottom, rather than sides, which makes them fit in a lot more spaces.

I don't like that they don't fill the entire depth of the cupboard, thus making for a lot of wasted space on the sides (None of them can ever be as wide as the cupboard, only as wide as the door openings), as well as in front. Kinda pointless to have easy access, but only fit a couple pans.

Guess I won't be doing my whole kitchen with these. That was my plan, had this test run worked out. Too bad.

I reordered these product after having installed ten a few years ago. They are very well made, well packaged and somewhat easy to install.
Now, here is where the buyer has to pay attention: make sure to measure both the width of the cabinet and compare it to the glider’s, something I omitted to do and, as a consequence the six I purchased were narrower than the cabinets. Although, it was not catastrophic I did lose precious storage space.

Now, having said that, the seller was very accommodating and helpful; it offered to exchange them for a wider set. It would have been easy to remove and ship them back to the factory. However, the thought of admitting to my superior half the mistake was incentive enough to keep quiet and let them stay just where they are. I hope this helps you.

After much research to organize the upper shelves of a tall pantry, I ordered two of these to try. I ended up buying four more because they are absolutely what was needed. Because the uppers require a step stool, I can pull out one side and see what’s at the back from the side rather than having a wasteland of things I can’t see or reach in the back. They installed easily and pull out smoothly and is an economical solution to a tall deep pantry.

These are much sturdier and heavier gauged wire than what I expected for the price, and from the picture. They were very easy to install, about 20 minutes total time for the two 15” wide baskets I purchased for my pantry, and they look terrific. They are holding much more weight than I thought they would, and still glide very smoothly. My only complaint is the packaging, they were completely enclosed in styrofoam, which kept them from any damage. However, due to the clingy static, the tiny beads from the styrofoam got inside the glides and clung to the wire baskets including the plastic liners on both, as well as my clothes and all over the carpet. A hand held vacuum cleaner was the only way I was able to clean the mess up. The tape holding the rubber protectors on each glide kept them from any damage, but left a sticky residue that required cleaning with Goo Gone. To spite the mess from the packaging, I would strongly recommend these pull out baskets, you will not be disappointed.

Surprised at the high quality of the product. Very sturdy and those roller bearing sliders are very smooth. Easy to install. Well engineered. The sliding organizer is good quality and glad to have purchased them, but the white styrofoam was cheap, broken up into tiny bubble bits that electrostatically clung to the metal sliders, plastic coatings and what didn't stick floated around our home. Very messy requiring several hours of vacuuming and the small white fragments were impossible to remove from inside the ball bearing sliders. Please use bubble wrap instead of that troublesome styrofoam!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • HEAVY DUTY 1-TIER sliding pantry organizer with removable, basket liner for kitchen or bathroom
  • SMOOTH, FULL EXTENSION BALL BARING GLIDEZ provide easy access to cabinet or pantry contents
  • BASKET CAN HOLD A VARIETY of cleaning products, cans, and much more; up to 88lbs
  • ALL HARDWARE INCLUDED and ready to install
  • 4.92"H x 14.96"W x 15.94"D
  • WARRANTY: 1 year warranty from Household Essentials with proof of purchase

Description

This 15" Single Basket Sliding Organizer from Household Essentials allows you to organize your pantry shelves easily and efficiently. Constructed of durable 4 mm white wire, this single basket is strong but lightweight so it won't overstress your shelving. This single basket sliding organizer is 15" wide and fits on most 16" deep wire pantry shelves. It can also be attached to solid shelves. Instantly organize cans, boxes, and other goodies and keep them always within reach. Our sturdy, full extension ball-bearing glides help keep every inch of your pantry space within easy reach. Our easy-to-use glides come fully assembled, so you can transform your pantry quickly and with less mess. Our organizers also come equipped with Glidez Quikfit technology, which keeps installation simple. Glidez is the leader in pantry organizers, bringing you the quality and efficiency you need to elegantly and easily organize the pantries and closets in your home. Whether in the kitchen, bathroom, or the laundry room, you will discover the simple ease of always finding exactly what you need—just step aside and glide. Item #1516-1



I was very excited when I saw these! I planned on buying or building wood pullouts for my pantry. Buying them would have cost twice as much, and building them, well...I’d rather not. These were relatively easy to install. It’s easier to remove the wire shelf, attach the pullout basket to the shelf and then reinstall the shelf with the basket attached. However, you can install the pullout basket with the wire shelves in place. I ended up doing both. I had my daughter hold the screw in place from the top, while I held the plate on the bottom and attaced it with the washer and wing nut. Attaching the bottom plate posed a little bit of a challenge. If the holes in the plate matched up just a little bit better, installing them would have been a breeze. The full extension glides allow me to slide the basket out completely so things don’t get “lost” in the back. I recommend these for anyone wanting a pullout basket that doesn’t break the bank.

I attached the two drawers I bought to the wood bottom shelf of my kitchen island. I had to use my ratchet screw driver rather than electric drill because of distance to the shelf above. Doable with a little time due to developing arthritis in hands. Now I have easy access to the pans stored on the bottom shelf. So glad I purchased these!

I'm using this under my sink for cleaning products. Very sturdy and rolls easily. The hardware includes fittings to attach it to wire shelves and screws to attach it to a wooden cabinet. I haven't gotten around to attaching it to my cabinet so I don't know how hard it is to do so. So far I haven't felt compelled to get it done because the shelf rolls so easily it doesn't slide around in my cabinet and it only tips when it is fully extended.

I probably should have read the description better, but I bought this for underneath a kitchen cabinet. Turns out my cabinet was too small, so I ended up using it in the bathroom. When I opened the product up there were so many hardware pieces, and that's when I realized its for a wire closet shelf. Woops. In order to put it in the bathroom I had to use some shims so it could get over the lip of the bottom cupboard. It holds all my cleaning supplies and I enjoy it a lot! My kitchen cabinet didn't have that lip, so if you have a 15 inch opening in your cabinet it is a wonderful base mounted sliding drawer.

I ordered two of these for my pantry to try. My husband installed them and I ordered two more for my lower shelves. I would order for my upper shelves but I can't see that high unless I use a stool. I'm not sure how it would hold up to a lot of heavy cans but I have mostly light boxed items in mine. I would definitely recommend for making space more accessible.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment