
Apparently my husband has a knife fetish. I always suspected it, but after owning this knife tray for 3 years there is no denying it. When I got it, it fit all of our kitchen knives perfectly, allowing me to get rid of the clunky (and usually dusty) knife block that had been on our countertop for over 20 years. The tray fit in our drawer very nicely and all the knives were neatly lined up and under control. Note, our steak knives are in their own holder so this is just used for cooking knives.
Now, somehow, I find myself needing to either buy another one or else get a bigger one. DH has collected MORE kitchen knives and swears he can't get rid of any of them. He rotates through them, with different ones being his "favorite" for a few days before he abandons it for another one that has caught his eye. Now a bunch of knives are laying loose in the drawer between this tray and the cutlery tray and every time I reach in there I half-way expect to lose a fingertip. We're planning to move soon and I brought up the subject of weeding out the kitchen knives and he nearly fainted. It's just like a little kid with 4000 plastic dinosaurs who can't give up a SINGLE ONE of them! I keep forwarding articles to him where the experts say you only need at most THREE kitchen knives, but he ignores them. ...sigh... I suppose there are worse fetishes he could have....
[...smile...]
Seriously, this tray has worked very well for over 3 years now. If you have no more than 7 knives to store, with no more than 3 of those being long knives, then this should work fine for you. But if you have more knives, or a spouse who can't resist a shiny, sharp new knife, then you should go for a larger one that holds more. Check the dimensions to make sure it fits your drawer.
I was tired of the block I had on my countertop. considering I don't have much counter space the block took up a lot of space! I was able to fit this in my drawer next to my utensils organizer and quite honestly it is the best purchase I have made. My large knives and my small ones all fit perfectly in the slots provided. I did stagger the sizes to make it easier to grab them more easily since I cook sooooo much.
I am extremely happy with my purchase and would buy it again if it became damaged but I honestly don't see how it will.
It feels very sturdy and looks great in my drawer holding my beloved knives while protecting them!
Nice product! Fits perfectly in my drawer :)
This is my second storage tray as I bought more knives. These fit my set of Cutco knives perfectly and protect the blades from damage. Have looked far and wide and this is by far the best drawer knife holder out there IMHO.
I have limited drawer space but I have a couple of good knives that need some protection from the everyday wear and tear in the drawer. I looked for the smallest block possible for the counter top but they were too big for my few knives. I have a very shallow silverware drawer with a cutting board that slides out on top. This worked only when I removed the cutting board. Another reviewer mentioned the additional height with the knives in place - good to know that you need at least 3 inches clearance. This will work for any size or shape of knife. Good purchase for me.

Feature Product
- Safely stores all of your knives away from the counter top.
Description
Wood storage in drawer try to safely store all of your knives.
Takes very little room in my drawer and keeps my knives organized. The knives don't get dull from banging into each other and the remaining space is more useful. Holds all my knives. The pieces that connect the slots are like dowels and the knives rest on them. Since they are wood, it doesn't dull the knives. My knives stay sharp!
Great storage for our very expensive sharp steak knives we didn't want to store loose in the silverware drawer. Fit well in our other drawers.
I don't like countertop knife blocks -- they take up valuable counter space, they get dirty, most are hard to clean. My partner doesn't like my preferred solution -- a magnetic wall mount -- because of the accidental cut risk. Our compromise was a drawer. This is perfect, and holds our exceedingly non-brand loyal assortment of knives perfectly in our IKEA Rationell drawers. It doesn't shift in the drawer and it's just the right size to keep a hone and a sharpener right handy.
I purchased new knives and after purchased, noticed I didn't have anywhere to keep them safely without cutting my hand. I ordered these knives knowing they didn't come in a block which I heard was not a good idea since a block is a place for germs to build up,
So I looked on Amazon website . for anything to be able to keep the knives and my hands safe. In searching I found this product which fits in a drawer and is a great place to keep the knives. It solved my problem and by the way, can be easily cleaned
I've had this Knife Storage piece since 2012, and it's still going strong! I use it to hold cleavers, paring knives, chef knives and it has held up perfectly. It fits in a drawer and looks equally great on the kitchen counter top.






0 comments:
Post a Comment