
I needed a narrow cutlery tray for a narrow drawer. The measurements were important to me because I needed to know the tray would fit and also because my cutlery needed to fit in each compartment. So here are the measurements for you detailed people: Full tray: L 12 7/8" X W 9" X H 1 3/4". Each vertical compartment is 1 7/8" wide and 9 7/8" long. The horizontal compartment is 8 3/8" long X 2 1/8" wide. I've been using it for a few months, and it's the perfect size for my medium weight everyday cutlery. Heads Up: because the tray isn't very tall, you probably couldn't stack more than 10 medium-weight forks without them overflowing to the next compartment. (Spoons and knives don't seem to need quite that much height.) The tray is sturdy; not cheap or flimsy. And I like the curved-down compartment dividers to access the cutlery more easily. A good buy and works great!
There are hundreds of different styles of these drawer trays available, some at a buck or two and some at substantially more. But there are very, very few of them that will fit into a nine-inch wide drawer. I don’t know why because that drawer size is actually pretty common. I have both narrow and wide drawers in my kitchen but I choose to use the two narrow ones near the sink for silverware – one for forks, spoons, etc and the other for butter knives, steak knives, etc. That location is the handiest to reach when serving meals and also the most logical location to store them right after they are washed.
I felt I was at a dead end and finally found these. My first reaction is that they cost too much and I suspected they were probably not very good quality. That was an incorrect guess, in fact they are much thicker and more substantial than any I have seen in the stores or any I have previously owned. Although they are flexible I can lift a fully loaded tray and it does not bend at all.
They are bright white and have a nubby bottom for each compartment. There are only four compartments plus a smaller accessory compartment at the back. Each compartment is large enough to hold about a dozen utensils like forks, spoons and similar silverware, enough for a small family.
To the question if they will fit in a drawer that is exactly nine-inches wide the answer is yes, the fit is perfect. The trays could have been a little longer to take better advantage of a typical drawer depth but when you think about it your silverware is only so long anyway, so a longer tray wouldn’t really add any benefit.
These are the best I’ve found and I am very happy with them.
There are very few silverware trays that are sufficiently narrow for my kitchen drawer, and I'm so glad that this Madesmart tray fits.
-It is made of a fairly thick plastic that won't scratch or stain.
-I like that the divider walls are curved down; it adds a touch of elegance.
-I can tell that this tray will last for several years.
-Best of all, it's a great value.
I paired this with the "madesmart Classic Bin, White, 9 x 6" to perfectly fit my drawer.
Bought for my daughter who just moved into her first place. She likes that it has straight slots so she isn't limited as to what utensils go each slot. You can't find them this size in the stores, only smaller and larger. It made a great addition to her housewarming gifts.
It fits very well in a mobile home kitchen drawer, which are not as wide. All my silverware fits really good.

Feature Product
- The madesmart Value Mini Silverware Tray solves most small kitchen, home, apartment, and dorm organization epidemics
- All 5 compartments compartment have rounded corners for easy cleaning and efficient organizing
- Made of BPA-free, high-quality plastic
- Dimensions: 13.50 x 11.25 x 2.25 in (34.29 x 28.58 x 5.72 cm)
- NA
Description
The madesmart Value Mini Silverware Tray solves most small kitchen, home, apartment, and dorm organization epidemics. All 5 compartments have rounded corners for easy cleaning and efficient organizing. The tray is made of BPA-free, high-quality plastic.
Good quality silverware tray at a good price. I needed a new tray for my kids' silverware drawer and for some reason was not finding something locally that didn't cost a fortune. I have a similar one for my nicer silverware that I got years ago so I was looking for the same thing. This one is about the same size and has the same layout so it is working well for what I needed. It fits nicely in my kitchen drawer with a little room left over and my utensils all fit neatly. It is a good quality plastic and easy to clean.
I like the high walls between the compartments. I don't have to worry about utensils slipping from one compartment to the next. I wish this product existed with 6 compartments but still narrow dimensions. Either way, it is the best that I found for my drawer out of everything online.
I have tried to find the perfect tray for my flat wear. None fit my small drawers. Ordered one and it worked! So ordered a second. Easy to clean, looks nice and holds the flat wear nicely.
Quality. I didn’t realize how small this was when I bought it. I ended up just getting a different one. Probably my fault though. The title literally says mini.
I'm using this inside of a bathroom drawer for my girls' toothbrushes. Works as great as can be expected, can't speak to durability because I don't mess with it much except to take it out for periodic rinsing. Measurements are accurate.






0 comments:
Post a Comment