• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Friday, June 14, 2019

Whitmor Supreme 3 Tier Cart - Rolling Utility Organizer -

June 14, 2019 // by Admin // // No comments

Whitmor Supreme 3 Tier Cart - Rolling Utility Organizer - Chrome

Whitmor Supreme 3 Tier Cart - Rolling Utility Organizer - Chrome

I want to point out something many are unaware of. typical to this type of rack system; when designed for mobility the shelves are designed 'upside down' that is; the sides go UP from the shelf level so there is a 1" LIP on all sides (to keep say some onions or cans or boxes) from falling off while being moved. I was planning to use the self as stationary shelves and that was going to be a problem.

Then i re-engineered the design to be much more useful for my purpose.

I set four of the rods aside, put the three shelves very close together (for storing the likes of pyrex 13x9x2 baking pan), i installed the bottom rods in the unit upside down and bought some ¼-20 eye bolts and put them in the now TOP of each corner.

Then i found some studs in the wall, screwed in some lag type eye-bolts and used some nice heavy stainless chain to each of the four corners to each of the four eye-bolts in the wall using some cut-out links from the same chain (vs s-hooks; looks much cleaner).

so now rather than spending $90 for a purpose-built pot rack that is nearly identical, mine cost $30 and i have THREE levels. I will upload a picture or two to showcase the solution.

update: i did in-fact upload and NOTE very detailed photos for anybody wishing to copy me. I will be making a second copy of the pot rack for my mother soon. Also, since i ended up with four spare rods, i found the perfect use for them. legs for my son's built-in bed. drilling holes into the edge of some 5/4th decking board and it made a perfect support beam.

UPDATE: 21 may 15

I recently had to relocate my pot rack when i bought a new fridge. I re-oriented it wide vs narrow and wow it's a big improvement I actually ca to 'take off a star' because so many people mentioned distain about the top shelf not being flat and a microwave won't work on the microwave rack but this rack it NOT SOLD AS A MICROWAVE RACK and there is no claim to the contrary other than the photos indicating that the shelving is 'upside down' of a normal stationary rack.. the five stars remain. Best pot-rack EVER.

If i could find the wheels i never used and confirmed they suck as bad as other reviewers mentioned i'd take off a star but i can't find them so i can't comment accurately about them. I just added a new photo with the rack in it's new home; take note of the way i put on the frypans; with the larger in the middle; it works WAY better that way than all the same way small-to-large.

-awr

I purchased this to use as a coffee and tea area for my husband. Space is limited in our kitchen and this fits all of his goodies perfectly. Very easy to put together too.

I couldn't be more pleased with this cart that I bought for holding paints, palette, brushes, etc. I've bought similar carts from big box stores (Target, Lowe's, Home Depot) and by far this cart is better quality and far better packaged than any other product I've ever received! Kudos to this company for the type of care and attention to detail that truly puts them in a class of their own!
Quantities of each type of piece was listed in the directions (not unusual I know) and even an extra snap on connector was included (the connectors were in sealed separate bags of 4; the extra one was in its own sealed bag). Each individual leg was separately wrapped and packaged in units of 4. Even better, in addition to clear graphics, Instructions are actually written out. Ok, it's not rocket science to put one of these together but the fact that the company added this level of detail speaks to their commitment to providing a quality product.

This cart was so quick & easy to put together. You don't need any extra tools. It took less than 5 minutes to put it together. The directions are spot on & the parts are labeled on individual packaging. It holds heavy loads. I have a 50 lb heat press sitting on the top shelf. It looks great & it's really small. Exactly what I wanted.

It's perfect for my small laundry closet! Just the right size for all my laundry soaps etc. I love that the wheels lock when you need them to.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • All-purpose adjustable shelving unit great for kitchen, office, laundry room, garage and basement
  • Shelves adjustable in 1 inch increments to accommodate different size items
  • Durable chromed steel with 250 pound shelf capacity
  • Assembled Dimensions: 13.25 x 22.5 x 33 inches
  • Easy assembly, no tools required
  • Wheels allow the cart to be moved around easily from room to room; 2 wheels lock for added stability
  • Ideal mobile organizer for heavy-duty items
  • Whitmor's Service Guarantee - we stand by our products, if you have any problems, contact us for help

Description

This sturdy Rolling Cart from Whitmor is a handy helper almost anywhere in your home Use it in your kitchen for serving meals or for storing your mixer, bread machine and pots and pans. It holds computer equipment in the office, towels in the bathroom or tools in the garage. The three tiers offer ample space to store your household essentials. Made of heavy-duty chrome-plated steel, this cart can hold up to 250 lbs. per shelf if evenly distributed. The shelves can be adjusted in one-inch increments to store variable sized accessories. Made from durable chrome steel, this portable storage cart ensures extended durability. It is easy to assemble with the included wrench. The included wheels allow for easy mobility around your home, and they can be locked for your convenience. Cleaning is easy with a damp cloth. Assembled dimensions are 13.25" x 22.5" x 33.0".  Whitmor is a 4th generation family-owned and operated business. Since 1946, Whitmor has been dedicated to bringing organization home by creating products that simplify everyday life. Ensuring that those products are built with integrity, value, and innovation is our commitment to you. And our promise is that we will always be here for you should you ever need us as we stand behind our product 100%.   Whitmor customer service is available in English and Spanish Monday through Friday from 8am - 4:30pm CST.  Call us and we will gladly assist you in your language.  You may contact Whitmor toll-free at 1-888-944-8667 or via email at customer_service@whitmor.com.



This sturdy attractive utility/serving cart is somewhat small, 22.5 x 13.2 x 33 inches, but it is quite strong and stable. It's been such a great help in organizing my small kitchen. It keeps the things I regularly use right at my fingertips and has freed cabinet space and countertops for other things. The shelf-load is labeled at 250 lb, and I believe it! I use it to store my cast iron skillets and Dutch oven, pyrex ware, and a large crock-pot. The edges of the shelves are raised so that nothing can slide off. I'm going to buy some shelf liners to keep things from slipping through the wire shelves. Assembly was not difficult. My daughter and I assembled it in about 20 minutes. We didn't rush and it went together easily. During the assembly I got to choose the height of the shelves. The casters make this sturdy cart easy to roll from place to place. Though I use it in the kitchen, I can see that it would be of great use in the laundry room, an office, a craft or hobby area, or a workshop. This is a great little cart and I highly recommend it!

It is seldom that we get a chance to use such a diverse piece of handy equipment and this Whitmor Supreme Cart is simply the most versatile helper I have found in years. It is well made, sturdy, easy to use and stores almost anywhere there is sufficient space.

While just recently constructing a much larger shelf system that provided the opportunity to spout some awful words, this 'tool' (it really is like a tool) was a snap to put together. The instructions were adequate and with a little pre-reading and thoughtful re-reading of the instructions it came together in less than 30 minutes. It would have taken less time had I not had the assistance of our puppy inspecting each and every move while attempting to assist. (Before I forget let me remind anyone buying one of these that a key missing part of my instructions did not include 'listen for the click' or some other form of assistance when snapping two black shelf holders. It takes 8 shelf holders for each shelf and had I not placed a pair on each corner's indented part of the rail and did not hear that click when the holder was seated properly the shelf would not stay put. I wish I could have worded that better but then again I wish for other things that do not happen. Take the two black pieces and just fiddle with them on the rod and move it around until you hear the click. No click? Do not use until you hear it. The click is the key. Whew. Hush.) Because I wanted the locking wheels on the front of the cart, I placed a piece of bright tape so I only had one choice. It was somewhat embarassing to put the locking wheels on opposite corners. By now if anyone has read this far these are such minor comments they barely deserve space; however, if one person is assisted I'm happy just as I am with the cart. It is handy and useful or a combination of values that we seldom receive in one unit.

I highly recommend this cart and will add to my Cart Kingdom with another one later.

When we moved into this house, I was delighted to find there was a pantry in the kitchen. Unfortunately, there were only 3 shelves. It seemed as if the builder forgot to add a couple, even though there is a venting system taking up part of the pantry. So I bought this cart to go under the current shelves. It fits between the vent and the door perfectly.

Since I have a shortage of drawers in the kitchen, I use this to put all my boxes of baggies, trash can liners, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc. on it. On the top shelf I have mostly breads, rolls, etc. If I really needed to, I could store my slow cooker, blender, etc. on the cart , but I have cabinets for them. It's exactly what I need for the pantry, but I could see this being used in a laundry room, garage, office, even a child's room with bins for toys or art supplies.

It didn't take too long to put together, either, but it's still a sturdy thing. I may get another one for the craft room.

This utility cart can have many uses - I'v bought 3 0f them - and they should last for years! You MUST Follow Instructions to assemble it Correctly! Though the total stated weight limit is generous, I wouldn't try for the maximum using only One(1) shelf...Keep weight EVENLY distributed on each shelf...My experience with ANY shelving unit is that it's best to keep HEAVIEST items on bottom shelf, and lightest items on top...And, the company has been quick to respond to any questions/issues I may have about missing/damaged parts, etc. Take Care!

Giving 5 stars for now as I am VERY optomistic and ALMOST through with assembly. I'll later edit if I find issues.

EDIT to review below - two things:

1).actually, another inaccuracy is that there on 26 A clip parts, not 24 as stated on parts/instruction paper - 4 packs and one 2pack that I assume are included as extra parts in the event of breakage or loss.

2). I tried to put caps between poles as stated below but they don't go there. I assume the 8 caps are either for use without wheels and when making item into to two separate shelving units OR as some kind of saftey effort to keep pole ends from poking through in shipping or hurting buyer as they open packages. clear as mud?

NOTE: This may not create such a hiccup for those of you who are assembly inclined but beware - instructions include list of all parts, but it's not really an accurate list. Two things - Parts F (4 total) came already in place (screwed/set into poles). No biggie and even I was able to move on quickly from that hiccup. HOWEVER, as I was beginning to carefully remove items from box and begin to lay out, I opened plastic wrap from poles and caps started falling on floor. I found all, 8 in total and set them aside trusting directions would address them. I proceeded with assembly and was ready to screw on casters before I realized caps were still 'set aside'. Came to reviews and Q/A here on amazon hoping to find answers and think I did. 4 caps have solid discs and CAN BE USED IN PLACE OF CASTERS/WHEELS. The other 4 caps are slotted and apparently I need to disassemble poles and placed these between poles before rethreading. Hope this helps. There are no mention of caps and they are VERY loosely placed on poles so likely to fall off as you open plastic wrap. Good luck!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment